Best Affordable Travel Drones For Beginners (Under $100)
With the increase in popularity of drones these days, it’s no surprise that travel drones are becoming an important item on a travelers packing checklist.
There is no better way to capture stunning images and video of your travels than by using a drone. The best part is you don’t need to spend a fortune on a drone to get really great quality and something that you will love.
But which drone is the best for travelers? What if you are a beginner? Don’t worry, there are many options available. From mini-drones to racing drones, there is something for everyone.
In this post, I will show you some affordable travel drones that are great for beginners all while staying under $100!
- Best Affordable Camera Drones With Cameras
- How Virtual Reality Is Changing The Travel Industry
- 10 Best Travel Accessories For Business Travelers
Travel Drones For Beginners Under $100
Holy Stone HS200
This 6-axis, gyro quadcopter is perfect for beginners or intermediate users.
- 720P FPV real-time camera – pair with your IOS or Android phone for live photo and video feeds
- Altitude hold – maintains altitude when you release the controls
- Mobile control – Use a smartphone app to activate functions like gravity sensor
- Headless mode and return home function – if your drone is out of sight, this comes in handy
- 6-axis gyro stability – easy handling and extra stability for smooth operation
- 4 speed modes – great for beginners
- USB power charging port
- LED lighting system
- One button push takeoff and landing – with one push of the button, this drone will take off and land on its own
- Dimensions: 12.6 x 12.6 x 2.6 Inches
- Weight: 17.6 oz
- Charging time: 60 min
- Flight time: 7-9 min
SNAPTAIN S5C WiFi FPV Drone
This WIFI FPV drone is another drone great for beginners. It’s easy to use control and voice commands is perfect for newbies!
- User-friendly – one button takeoff and land plus return to home
- Smart voice control – voice control allows you to talk to your drone and position it perfectly for photo/video shooting
- Fully controlled by your smartphone using the app
- Range of up to 80m
- 720p photo/video quality – upload instantly using wifi
- High-quality ABS material makes it durable and safe
- Altitude hold function hold it steady in place
- Built-in G sensor gravity control
- Anti-collision barriers help protect the drone
- 3-speed modes
- Includes 2 batteries – charge time 60-90 minutes
- Flight time 7-10 minutes
- Dimensions: 13.9 x 9.7 x 3.3 in
- Weight: 24.6 oz
Best Mini Drone Under $100
Compact and lightweight, a mini-drone is a great option for travelers. The Syma X22W is great for beginners, kids, and newbies!
Features and specifications:
- User-friendly drone with one push button takeoff and landing
- Headless mode
- 720p video with real-time photos and video
- Altitude mode allows for auto hover in position
- Track control mode – allows you to track your flight path on your smart device
- Gravity sensor control
- Adjustable speed modes
- One button 360-degree flips
- Includes 2 batteries
- Flight time 7-9 minutes
- Distance: 25 meters
- Battery charge time 60 minutes
- Dimensions: 5.7 x 5.6 x1.2 inches
- Weight: 2.5 oz
So there are 3 great choices if you are looking for an affordable travel drone. You really can’t go wrong with either on, but if you are looking for a mini-drone, stick with the Syma X22W.
For more information on travel drones with cameras, check out our post here.
If you enjoyed our best affordable travel drones guide, have a look at all our travel gear guides here:
Hopefully, you found this helpful. As always, feel free to leave a comment or send us a message anytime via our contact form.
Thanks for reading!
Are you looking to take your drone addiction to the next step? For users wanting to pass the Part 107 exam, I recommend you check out Drone Pilot Ground School. Did you know that 99% of students pass the exam on the very first attempt? Don’t struggle with trying to figure out all the information and learning alone. Check it out by clicking the banner below!
If you liked this post Pin It!