How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones Or Speakers To Wired Sources Using AirFly – Maybe you’ve been on a flight, wanting to connect your own Bluetooth headphones or earpieces to the aircraft’s sound system, but have realized it’s not always so easy.
Some aircraft have easier connect-ability than others, and then maybe you wonder whether Bluetooth wireless headphones are better to use, or whether good old-fashioned direct plug-in headphones are best.
You don’t have to worry about it anymore – you can enjoy the best of both worlds because the AirFly wireless headphone adapter connects wireless headphones/earbuds/speakers anywhere there’s a headphone jack available.
Grab one or read other owner’s thoughts on it here on Amazon.
How Does AirFly Work?
AirFly wireless technology features a transmitter unit that plugs into an audio jack, which can then cordlessly transmit audio up to 33 feet to one or more Bluetooth speakers or headphones (e.g., earbuds, AirPods, Bose, other wireless headphones). I’ve found it to be super user-friendly and convenient, and even fun to use.
Another great feature of the AirFly is the several hours of battery life that will keep your audio play going even for longer flights. You can also use it while it’s plugged in and charging.
Finally, a turnkey solution for audio connectivity issues you may run into, just about anywhere. The small, handy device weighs less than an ounce, features crystal clear sound for your enjoyment, and costs less than $100 USD.
AirFly functions in tandem with all Bluetooth-enabled headphones, to make it the easy-to-use audio device solution you’ve been looking for.
There are a couple of different models and then I will get into some tips and questions about using it.
Transmits audio from a headphone jack to two sets of wireless headphones or speakers. Charges via USB-C, and features a 20+ hour battery life.
Transmits audio from a headphone jack to two sets of wireless headphones or speakers. Charges via USB-C, and features a 16+ hour battery life. “RX mode” makes a wireless audio receiver out of any AUX-IN audio port (perfect for use with the car stereo once you leave the airport).
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones Or Speakers and Use Your AirFly:
- To enter pairing mode: Turn on your AirFly device, then press and hold the power button for up to four seconds, until the indicator light starts blinking.
- For pairing mode with AirPods once your AirFly device is ready for pairing: With your AirPods inside their charger case, press and hold the button on the back of the case until the indicator starts flashing white. For other audio headphones, turn them on in pairing mode once your AirFly device is ready to pair.
- Once paired, the indicator light on your AirPods charging case will turn green, and the light on your AirFly will turn on white for 10 seconds, then turn off.
- For AirFly devices that support two sets of headphones: repeat the above steps using button 2 on the AirFly device to pair.
- You’re now ready to enjoy wireless music with your headset/pods for as long as your AirFly device is charged.
- It may take up to 90 seconds to initially pair AirPods or wireless headphones, but once paired, your AirFly device will remember them from now on.
- Plug your AirFly device into the charger while enjoying music to keep an ongoing charge for your device.
- If only one set of headphones or AirPods seems to be connected, shut your AirFly device off, then back on to re-sync. Both wireless listening devices should reconnect.
- To pair a different set of headphones/AirPods, or if your listening device is having trouble connecting, reset your AirFly by pressing the reset button on the side for four seconds. The indicator light should flash four times, then your AirFly will go into pairing mode.
Questions I Get A Lot
Does AirFly need to be charged?
Yes. Devices can hold a charge for 8 to 20+ hours, depending upon which AirFly model you own. AirFly devices can be recharged using a micro-USB cable or USB-C.
Can I use AirFly while charging?
Yes, you can, and by doing so, you will extend and maximize your use time.
Does AirFly work with AirPods Pro?
Unfortunately, no. AirFly doesn’t receive audio, it only transmits audio.
Does AirFly only work with AirPods?
AirFly works with just about any Bluetooth enabled audio listening headphones/device, for single users, and with most models having the ability to allow for two users simultaneously.
Why won’t my AirPods connect to AirFly?
If you are having connectivity issues, you may try turning off, then back on your AirFly device, or holding the reset button on the device’s side for four seconds, until the indicator light blinks four times. At this point, your AirFly will re-enter pairing mode, so you can try again to pair.
Does AirFly Pro turn off automatically?
To conserve your charge, I recommend turning your AirFly device off using the power button when not in use. Your AirFly will, however, shut itself off after 10 minutes of not detecting a Bluetooth signal.
What’s the difference between AirFly Duo and Pro?
The AirFly Duo and the AirFly Pro are similar, but with a couple of distinguishing characteristics: The AirFly Duo holds a 20+ hour charge, while the AirFly Pro holds a 16+ hour charge. Also, the AirFly Pro features an “RX mode” which makes a wireless audio receiver out of any AUX-IN audio port. This is perfect for use with the car stereo once you leave the airport.
What’s the difference between AirFly and AirFly Pro?
The AirFly Classic and the AirFly Pro feature the same basic functionality. The AirFly Classic is designed for a single user, while the AirFly Pro allows for two users to enjoy music simultaneously. The AirFly classic holds an 8+ hour charge, while the AirFly Pro can keep going for 16+ hours without needing to be recharged. Also, the AirFly Pro features an “RX mode” which makes a wireless audio receiver out of any AUX-IN audio port. This is perfect for use with the car stereo once you leave the airport.