5 Best Portable Travel Coffee Makers (New For 2020)
If you love coffee as much as I do, then you will love the idea of having a great portable travel coffee maker. Finding a great cup of coffee when on the road is not always easy.
With a portable travel coffee maker, you can make your own coffee on the go just the way you like it! Keep in mind that there are many options for you to choose from, they are not all the same.
Finding the exact one you are looking for might be a bit tricky, but I will give you all the information you need to choose the right one for you.
How do I choose the right travel coffee maker?
There are a number of things you might want to consider when answering this question. The first thing you should decide is if you need a power operated machine. Some machines require power and others do not.
Next, decide how much space you will have. Depending on the type of traveling you are doing, you may have less space to take a coffee maker with you. Also, the weight may be a consideration for your luggage. If you are camping or hiking, you might be more flexible about the size and weight of the machine.
Also keep in mind the type of coffee you prefer, and whether or not you use K-Cups or similar. Maybe you prefer grounds only or just espresso, so keep this in mind when you decide on the right maker for you.
I absolutely love this brewer! There are so many great things about the Chefman InstaBrew Coffee Maker. It is a truly versatile unit, perfectly designed to accept all brands of K-Cups as well as coffee grounds. It will easily dispense a cup of hot coffee quickly, easily and efficiently with just a push of the button. It will then boil your next cup automatically!
A really nice feature of the InstaBrew are the dimensions. It’s tall enough to use with almost all travel mugs while keeping a narrow profile. Really nice stainless accents give this brewer a refined look.
Features And Specs
- Rapid brewing system with proprietary technology ensuring that you brew the perfect cup, fast and at the right temperature.
- Sleek Design allows you to store it pretty much anywhere. Take it on vacation, camping trips, hiking and much more.
- Great For K-Cups And Grounds. This will accept all types of K-cups and grounds including loose leaf tea.
- Brews A Perfect Cup Of Coffee exactly how you like it. Brews the right amount every time.
- Dimensions 6.8 x 5.3 x 13 Inches
- Weight: 2.3 lbs
You can read actual customer reviews and see the current price of the Chefman Coffee Maker K-Cup InstaBrew Brewer on Amazon.
2. Coffee Gator Personal Coffee Brewing Travel Mug
It’s double-layered vacuum walls are internally lined with copper so heat has to work mighty hard to escape. Military-grade 304 stainless steel coating a smart copper lining traps heat for longer.
Coffee stays hot for a long time! No more fast cooling coffee that you have to drink fast. Fits virtually all car cup holders for hot coffee on arrival.
No paper filters! The metal filter delivers a cleaner taste and saves trees, so it’s friendly to the environment and your pocket. Ideal for travel, zero BPA and a dream to clean. This equals more smiles per cup.
Features And Specs
- Ideal for all types of travel and work. Perfect for coffee on the go.
- Sleek, modern design — looks great no matter where you take it.
- 9,804 positive reviews last Year — people love this mug!
- Very durable, long-lasting design. This travel mug will last through whatever travels you take it on.
- Vacuum-layered, surgical-grade 304 stainless steel coating traps heat for longer.
- Zero BPA And A Dream To Clean. 100% Dishwasher safe.
- Dimensions: 7.7 x 4.9 x 4.1 inches
- Weight 1.17 lbs
You can read actual customer reviews and see the current price of the Coffee Gator Personal Coffee Brewing Travel Mug on Amazon.
3. Wacaco MiniPresso GR Espresso Maker
This little espresso machine and coffee maker has an innovative design and powerful extraction pressure for a rich and bold espresso. It’s very small, compact and lightweight. It’s very efficient, easy to use and looks great.
The MiniPresso GR uses semi-automatic piston which is manually operated. This controls the amount of extracted coffee. It does not require compressed air, N2O cartridges or electricity to function.
You can use any variety of coffee bean/roast, which will give you more flexibility in trying new flavors. Grinding your own beans will give you more control over your coffee preparation.
Features And Specs
- Compact Design and modern look.
- Simple and intuitive to operate. You have full control to make the exact brew you are looking for.
- No matter where you are, enjoy an authentic espresso.
- Built-in espresso cup and scoop
- Grind your own beans giving you more control over your coffee preparation.
- Semi-Automatic Piston Pressure 116 PSI
- Dimensions: 6.89 x 2.75 x 2.36 inches
- Featherweight: 0.8 lbs
You can read actual customer reviews and see the current price of the Wacaco MiniPresso GR Espresso Maker on Amazon.
4. Coffee Maker Barsetto Espresso Coffee Machine
There is nothing better than enjoying a perfect cup of coffee when you are on the go. The Barsetto Espresso coffee machine will do just that for you. When you taste high-quality coffee, you feel relaxed and happier than ever. This machine lets you enjoy fine Italian coffee anytime, anyplace, anywhere brewed in under a minute. 15 Bar high-pressure brews rich-tasting espresso pure Italian coffee.
The special design will allow you to disassemble into multiple parts for easy carrying and cleaning. Its very lightweight and compact making it easy to take camping, hiking, fishing and any other types of travel. The double wall vacuum cup has great thermal insulation function and can effectively protect fingers from being scalded by high-temperature water.
Features And Specs
- Compact design makes it easy to take anywhere including carry on luggage, hiking, and camping.
- Double-wall vacuum cup – great thermal insulation function.
- Up to 20,000 Times Hand Press Lifespan. Will last a long time hassle free.
- High-quality anti-slip silicone
- ABS plastic Cover And tempered glass
- Handcrafted, stainless steel handle
- Dimensions: 2.8 x 2.8 x 8.8 Inches
- Weight: 1.28 lbs
You can read actual customer reviews and see the current price of the Coffee Maker Barsetto Espresso Coffee Machine on Amazon.
5. Trimm Single-Serve Portable Espresso Maker
The only thing you will need to make amazing coffee with the Trimm espresso maker is hot water. Whether you are at home, at the office, on vacation, experiencing a power shortage, or out in the wilderness, you can easily make freshly brewed coffee in minutes.
No electricity or batteries required. Just pump your way to fresh and delicious coffee in a flash. It’s very easy to use, has a great design and super easy to clean. No more buying paper filters and cleaning big machines and coffee pots. It’s eco-friendly and 100% leak proof.
The Trimm coffee machine is very compact, lightweight making it a breeze to carry anywhere with you. I think you will be impressed by its overall convenience and high-quality design. Even though I listed it at number 5, I still highly recommend it because of the quality you get for a great price.
Features And Specs
- Compact And Easy To Travel With. You can take this coffee maker with you anywhere you travel.
- Effortlessly make freshly brewed coffee in seconds.
- Makes Tea And Infused Water.
- Keeps your coffee and other drinks warm for long periods of time.
- No cords, electricity, or batteries needed to run this mini espresso machine.
- Includes a stainless steel thermos.
- Dimensions: 7 x 3 x 8.2 inches
- Weight: 1.5 lbs
You can read actual customer reviews and see the current price of the Trimm Single-Serve Portable Espresso Maker on Amazon.
If I had to choose just one of these products, my best overall pick for a portable travel coffee maker is the Chefman Coffee Maker K-Cup InstaBrew Brewer.
But you really can’t go wrong with any of the five picks. They all have different designs, sizes, and weights, but they will all serve the purpose of making great coffee when you are on the road. The nice thing is you can take these anywhere. They are all easy to pack, take up very little space and if you really enjoy your favorite cup of joe, you will be glad you brought it along.
Thanks for reading!