Which Airlines Accept Paypal For Payment?
Can you actually pay for your flight using Paypal? Yes, you sure can!
Paypal has offered it’s service to many airlines all over the world. The list of airlines that accept Paypal for payment continues to grow all the time. People love using Paypal to pay for their flights as it’s convenient and secure.
And it’s not only airlines that are accepting Paypal for traveling. Companies like Air B&B, Agoda, cruise lines, car rentals, and many others now accept Paypal.
According to Paypal.com, “PayPal is accepted all over the world in many different currencies. This means you can still enjoy the same easy, secure service anywhere you go from participating business partners”.
Why should you consider paying for your flight with Paypal?
- It’s convenient, quick and easy – You won’t need to dig out your credit card, plus when your booking online it’s so easy to click that pay with Paypal button!
- It’s a safe and secure way to pay online – Paypal is trusted by millions of people around the world as a proven way to pay online safely.
- No extra fees- Some airline will charge extra fees if you pay with your credit card. If you pay with Paypal, you will avoid these unnecessary fees.
- You may not have a credit card – Remember the days of needing a credit card to book anything for your travels like hotels, car rentals and flights? Well, that’s just not the case anymore. Yes, in some cases you will still need a credit card, but if you don’t own one, you can still book a flight online without one by using Paypal.
Some things to consider when using Paypal to pay for your flight:
- Make sure to have a Paypal account already set up prior to booking. You don’t want to end up in a situation where you are in the middle of an online booking or about to click the pay now button and realize that Paypal is not set up yet.
- Paypal might not be available everywhere. Make sure you confirm this prior to booking, as certain countries and areas may not accept it. Plus check if your currency is allowed.
- Confirm any airline fees. Always check to make sure of any additional fees the airline may charge if you use Paypal. You don’t want a surprise charge that you were not expecting.
- Paypal credit. If you live in the U.S, Paypal allows you to defer payments for 6 months. That may be something you want to take advantage of. But not all airlines allow you to pay with Paypal credit.
List of airlines that accept Paypal in 2019
I have put together a full list of airlines that are currently accepting PayPal in 2019. Keep in mind that this list is current as of the time of writing and is subject to change without notice. This list is in alphabetical order and sorted by region.
- Air Asia
- Air China
- Cebu Pacific
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- China Southern
- Hainan Airlines
- Malaysia Airlines – Only when using their mobile app
- Philippine Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Vietnam Airlines
- Ethiopian Air
- Kenya Airways
- South African Airways
- Aegean Airline
- Air Baltic
- Austrian Airlines
- Azores Airlines
- British Airways
- Brussels Airlines
- Czech Airlines
- German Wings
- Jet 2
- KLM – Only when paying with the mobile app will Paypal be accepted.
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Monarch – GBP and EUR currencies only.
- TAP Portugal
- El Al
- Emirates – AUD/EUR/GBP/USD currencies only.
- Etihad Airways – Only in USD, GBP, and AED and only for flights originating in countries where that currency is used.
- Qatar Airways
- Royal Jordanian
- Saudi Airlines
- American Airlines – Only for flights in the US, Canada, and the UK and must use a US Paypal account.
- Air Tran
- Carribean Airlines
- Delta – Only for flights in the US.
- Jet Blue – Not including flights to the Dominican Republic.
- United – Only for flights in the US.
- US Airways
- Jetstar Austrailia
- Virgin Australia
In total that’s 59 Airlines around the world that accept Paypal. Perhaps more by the time you are reading this.
The first airline started accepting PayPal in 2007. That was Northwest Airlines. The second to follow was Southwest Airlines.
As I mentioned earlier, many other travel companies use Paypal as well.
Nomatic.com creates the most functional gear for travelers including luggage, bags, wallets and much more.
RoamRight travel insurance also accepts Paypal. Travel insurance is a necessity these days. You can get an easy free quote online by clicking below.
Get the best prices and selection online for hotels by using Agoda.
So if you are traveling with any of these airlines or any of the other companies mentioned, go ahead and use Paypal! It’s safe and secure, easy and convenient, and using Paypal as a method of payment is growing all the time.
Hopefully, you found this helpful. As always, feel free to leave a comment or send us a message anytime via our contact form.
Thanks for reading!